- 1. Acronycal (a-kron'ikal).
- Of a planet rising before sunset, or the setting before sunrise, of a planet that is in opposition to the sun, hence in a favorable position for observation. Place: the degree it will occupy when it is in opposition to the sun.
- 2. Active Influence.
- The results of an aspect between two or more astrological factors or sensitive points producing an action that can materialize as an event.
- 3. Adjusted Calculation Date.
- Used in reference to a progressed horoscope, as indicating the date on which the planet culminates. Also known as the Limiting Date.
- 4. Advantage, Line of
- Sometimes used in reference to the Moon's Ascending Node in a Geocentric Figure.
- 5. Affinity.
- A binding by mutual attraction. The sun is said to have an affinity with all the planets.
- 6. Afflicted.
- Unfavorably aspected. In affliction with. Any inharmonous aspect to a planet or to an aspect, particularly the conjunction, parallel, square or opposition, to a malefic planet.
- 7. Ages, Astrological.
- Roughly, a period of 2000 years during which the point of the Spring Equinox recedes through one sign of the Zodiac of Constellations.
- 8. Air Signs.
- The intellectual or mental signs: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius, Collectively called the Air asterism
- 9. Altitude.
- A planets elevation above the horizon, measured by the arc of a vertical circle. It is at it's meridian altitude when it is at the cusp of the tenth house at the midheaven.
- 10. Angle.
- Any one of four cardinal points in a figure, or map, of the heavens: variously referring to the Zenith, or South Vertical, the Nadir, or North Vertical, and the east and west horizons.
- 11. Antipathy.
- Disharmony of planet bodies which rule and are exalted in opposite signs.
- 12. Appulse
- The near approach of one orbital body to another-a conjunction.